Sep 1, 2014 | Atlanta, GA
Professor Prasad Tetali is an organizer of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) Special Year on Discrete Structures. The Annual Thematic Program "Discrete Structures: Analysis and Applications" will focus on the frontier topics of discrete mathematics and its applications as well as the overlapping areas of probability and analysis.
Program workshops will span frontier topics of research in discrete mathematics (including combinatorics and optimization) and probability throughout the year. In the fall term, the program will focus on probabilistic, extremal, geometric, and enumerative aspects of combinatorics and convex and other nonlinear programming aspects of optimization. During the spring term, the focus will shift to theoretic, geometric, functional, and analytical aspects of probability and analysis.
The following workshops are scheduled:
- September 8-12, 2014 - Workshop: Probabilistic and Extremal Combinatorics
- September 29-October 3, 2014 - Workshop: Additive and Analytic Combinatorics
- November 10-14, 2014 - Workshop: Geometric and Enumerative Combinatorics
- February 23-27, 2015 - Workshop: Convexity and Optimization: Theory and Applications
- March 16-20, 2015 - Workshop: Workshop on the Power of Randomness in Computation (at the Georgia Institute of Technology)
- April 13-17, 2015 - Workshop: Information Theory and Concentration Phenomena
- May 18-22, 2015 - Workshop: Graphical Models, Statistical Inference, and Algorithms (GRAMSIA)
- June 22-26, 2015 - Workshop: Analytical Tools in Probability and Applications (at the Euler Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia)