The one stop shop for all information concerning graduate studies is the Graduate Programs page. In particular, Doctoral Programs and Masters Programs pages describe the graduation requirements and procedures for all graduate students. Some frequently used links on these pages and other useful info are as follows.
Guidance for New Students
These slides are prepared for new students to provide advice and guidance about their arrival on campus, requirements for various programs, course selection, registration issues, and what to do the first year on campus.
- Pre Arrival Information 
- Overview of PhD Programs 
- Overview of MS Programs 
- Registration, permits, and waitlists 
Answers to some frequently asked questions, including registration issues, oral exams, and graduation procedures are listed here. All current students would be well-advised to take a look.
Comprehensive Exams in Math
The comprehensive exams, or comps, for each of our doctoral programs have both a written and an oral part. Please refer to the corresponding pages in the Doctoral Programs for specific information on the format of the comps for these degrees. The links below are concerned with Math comps.
Comprehensive information on the defense of the PhD thesis, as well as all the forms and procedures required for graduation are available on the Dissertation and Graduation page. Some related links are:
- Office of Graduate Studies Thesis Page
- Online Application for Graduation
- Institute Wide Requirements for the Doctoral Degree
Teaching Assistants and Instructors
Graduate Student Fellowships
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship
- Fellowships listed by SIAM
- "How to Win a Fellowship for Graduate Study in Mathematics"
Internships and Employment Opportunities
- NSF Mathematical Sciences Internships Program
- BIG Math Network
- Institute's List of Job Opportunities
- Recent Opportunities
- Georgia Tech SIAM Student Chapter
- High School Math Competition
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- Research Horizon Seminars