Since 1958, Georgia Tech's School of Math has invited high school students to compete both on individual and team events for pride and prizes. After a hiatus, the competition was revitalized in 2004, and in recent years 300 to 400 students have attended the events every Spring at the Institute's campus in midtown Atlanta. The competition's exams cover algebra, geometry, combinatorics, number theory, and basic calculus.
Volunteers from the School of Math's student body, faculty, and staff welcome the participants to campus, run the event, and present the top students in the competition with scholarships to attend Georgia Tech. Overall, this event brings the Institute and local high schools together for a day of mathematics and fun. See the School's annual publication ProofReader for the list of winners, pictures, and more information about the competition in recent years.
- Date: Saturday, April 15, 2017
- Location: First Floor, Clough Undergraduate Learning Center, 266 4th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
- Organizers: George Kerchev, Sudipta Kolay, Shane Scott, Sharon McDonald, and Chris Jankowski
High schools from any state are welcome to compete. A school may register up to five teams with up to five contestants per team. Begin your registration process by Creating Your Account. You must have an account before you can add your team. After the account is created, you will receive an email explaining how to log in and add your students.
- See the competition's Main Website for past awards, exams, schedule, directions, and sponsors
- Send further inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Event Organizers
- 2016: Eric Sabo, Elizabeth Last, Chi Ho Yuen, George Kerchev, Shane Scott, Sharon McDowell, and Annette Rohrs