Dec 13, 2010 | Atlanta, GA
The Southeast Geometry Seminar is a series of semiannual one-day events focusing on geometric analysis. These events are hosted in rotation by the following institutions:
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- The Georgia Institute of Technology
- Emory University
- The University of Tennessee Knoxville
This event will be held on December 13, 2010 at The University of Tennessee Knoxville.
The following five speakers will give presentations on topics that include geometric analysis, and related fields, such as partial differential equations, general relativity, and geometric topology.
- Catherine Williams (Columbia U)
- Hugh Bray (Duke U)
- Simon Brendle (Stanford U)
- Spyros Alexakis (U of Toronto)
- Alessio Figalli (U of Texas at Austin)
There will also be an evening public lecture by plenary speaker Hugh Bray (Duke U) entitled From Black Holes and the Big Bang to Dark Energy and Dark Matter: Successes of Einstein's Theory of Relativity.